Handle are delighted to be working with a luxury lighting and furniture brand in their search for a finance manager, this is a unique opportunity to join a growing business in an early stage and have real a real impact.
The successful candidate will have experience working in a small to mid-size company with experience preparing detailed reports, monthly and annual accounts. Continuous improvement and support to help grow the company is essential to a successful collaboration and long-term placement. The company operates within the luxury sector, this creates the need for a very fast paced and high-quality service for any externally related enquiries. The candidate would ideally be ACA/CIMA/ACCA newly/part qualified.
REPORTING AND FORECASTING
- Record all sales on daily/ weekly income report
- Produce weekly petty cash summary and main expenditure report
- Monitor all xero re-conciliation to master summary report (bespoke platform)
- Translate weekly expenditure into cashflow forecast in all departments
- Assist in producing detailed cashflow forecast for 12-24 months projection (excel and bespoke platform)
- Produce variance analysis and key financial data to give financial direction to the CEO
- Participate in producing and monitoring detailed data in the year-end process
Key responsibilities BOOK KEEPING AND ACCOUNTING
- Perform live and daily book keeping with the studios various activities using Xero
- Ensure the trial balance is fully reconciled on a daily and weekly and monthly basis
- Deliver meticulous data entry and reconciliations with bank/credit cards and supplier accounts
- Handle petty cash management via Soldo platform
- Produce and analyse petty cash expenditure reports
- Manage the weekly payment cycle
- Prepare monthly management accounts
- Monitor fixed assets, prepayments, accruals, intercompany and other journal postings
- Completion of monthly VAT returns
- Participating in ad-hoc studio projects as required
- Help coordinate activities with external tax and accounting providers
- Providing impeccable financial administration
- Prepare financial data for external sources as and when required
- Produce accurate data in accordance with internal and external audit rules
A passion for the industry, tenacity and eagerness to learn and contribute is essential in this role, but the successful candidate will be rewarded with a fast paced environment with career growth and fulfilment.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds - we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent for every opportunity through a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.