German speaking Credit Controller - Leading Retail - Central London
A leading Retail business are currently on the look out for a German speaking Credit Controller to join the team on a permanent basis based in Central London. This Credit Control position will be responsible for collecting payments in a timely manner and reducing the debtor days.
The company have a large presence in the German market so a candidate with fluency in the language is essential. This role would be perfect for a candidate looking for a new challenge in a fast paced, creative environment and a role in which they can utilise their language skills in a professional setting.
- Proactively calling customers for payment and ensuring prompt collection of the outstanding debts
- Reducing aged debt
- Communicating with customers regularly via email and telephone, to maintain momentum on collections
- Allocating BACS payments and cheques accurately ok the UK and German accounts
- Working with customer service to resolve discrepancies
- Regularly following up on deductions to ensure credit notes are raised
- Sending out statements
- Sending out invoices daily and credit notes
- Keeping sales informed of any account issues and potential risks
- Reconciling customer ledgers to resolve any discrepancies
- Extracting reports where required
- Previous experience working within a Credit Control function
- Must be fluent in the German language
- Confident working in a fast paced environment to deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident telephone manner and ability to chase payments
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Excel
- A good team player and collaborative work approach
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.