Job Title: Growth Accounts Director
Industry: FinTech Events
Salary: Up to £85k plus 40% comms
Contract Type: Permanent
Our client is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world's most ambitious businesses win in the FinTech economy.
The purpose of this role is to manage, develop and grow a portfolio of global, strategically important customers and high potential accounts for a leading, premium content, sales and networking platform for the global money ecosystem. You will retain and grow these accounts by building sustainable and expansive client relationships where our clients see our platform as a strategic partner. You will also be managing and reporting your pipeline, revenue forecast, and account plans
(Terrain maps and cross checks). You will develop core product solutions, and work creatively with Event Directors to build bespoke, ambitious solutions for these clients to support them to achieve their growth goals. The role will require attendance at all global shows.
- The primary objective is to hit revenue targets and sell sponsorship (SPEX) of shows into the growth accounts.
- Be an expert in your customers business strategy, objectives, goals, systems and operating model to best position and align solutions and services.
- Be an expert in their organisation and sector and understanding influencers and decision-makers and focused on building relationships at all levels.
- Develop and execute Account Plans (Terrain Maps and Cross Checks) designed to retain business and grow our footprint.
- Engage with Event Directors, Operations and Content to design and develop bespoke solutions for our growing customers and deliver them profitably and seamlessly.
- Work with Marketing to ensure coordination on campaigns and best use/and creation of high impact marketing collateral to support our business plan with growth customers.
- Coordinate Customer Reporting internally; including Risks, Opportunities and general progress.
- Work with both Global and Regional sales team and coordinate with the EVP of Enterprise Division to ensure the most productive/coordinated coverage of enterprise accounts
- Be a responsible and credible ambassador and recognised trusted advisor in your market and across the industry
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to cut out the noise and get the job done and know what to focus on to make the difference
- Drive and commitment - we go 'all-in' when we back a show, an idea, a new innovation and we don't spread ourselves thin
- Trust and honesty - we have a small tight team and we aim to be open, clear and transparent at all times
- Creativity - our business is creative- you must be too
- Passion for the product - you must be interested and interesting - FinTech is fun
- Willingness to get stuck in - there's no room for people who stand back
- Brilliant presenting skills - this is a senior role and you will need to communicate effectively and persuasively with your customers
- Resilience and good stamina - this role is demanding
- Adaptability and flexibility - things change
In addition, you will have:
- Proven track record in delivering revenue growth of large level accounts. +$1m contract value experience, ideally in FinTech, Payments, Tech or Financial Services.
- Experience in growing stakeholder networks inside large organisations
- Track record in defining client needs and mapping solutions to create bespoke value propositions.
- Experience of managing long, complex, international sales cycles.
- Highly experienced in developing business and account plans
- Broad based commercial experience
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.