Handle is working with an exciting sports related experiential travel business to recruit a Lead PHP Developer.
Skills and background Essential skills:
● Experience with React.js or similar (Vue.js, Angular etc.)
● Strong understanding of web fundamentals (semantic HTML, CSS/SASS, JSON and APIs) ● SQL ● Experience in Linux server management
● Experience building well designed, scalable systems
● Good understanding of different software design patterns
● Good understanding of Systems Architecture and Infrastructure with some experience in proposing future upgrades and improvements.
● Strong problem solving skills
● Great communication skills, teamwork and appreciation for good coffee, music and fun times
● Next.js, Node, Express, Redux
● MySQL and Metabase for reporting
● Doctrine ORM
● WordPress (we use it as a headless CMS) ● Webpack, Yarn, Babel, ESlint or similar tools
● Storybook or other component libraries
● Understanding of UI/UX fundamentals
● Unix, vagrant and GCP ●
Optimising for performance and SEO
● Experience with other e-commerce platforms or travel systems
● Graduate degree in Computer Science or similar (Maths, Physics, Engineering etc.)
● Experience in the travel, event or festival sector is preferable, with booking funnels that need constant evolution and innovation to stay best in class and handle high volume traffic.
● Experience with UX testing and implementation of improving user experiences. Working with a designer to find high-quality solutions to complex booking platform structures
● Good understanding of google analytics and other key social media metrics that inform the performance of websites and associated technology performance.
● Experience in mentoring junior devs on a day to day basics
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.