The main function of this role is to manage, from a financial point of view, a portfolio of business units across the clients Productions comprising of TV Production and Post Production.
The main elements of the role are to:
- Manage and produce monthly management accounts, all forecasts, budgets and 3 year plans with appropriate analytics and to agreed deadlines
- Business partner with divisional management
- Provide analysis and commercial insight to the Finance Director and divisional heads of the business units to aid decision making
I need an individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and assisting in providing analysis to business managers to aid decision making.
Management accounts and reporting
- Responsibility for the preparation of management accounts and quarterly reporting documents within deadlines agreed with Financial Controller
- Preparation and/or review of month end journals, accruals, prepayments etc.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Review monthly deliveries and revenue, contribution and margin calculations
- Variance analysis and commentary of actual performance against budget/forecast
- Prepare and distribute monthly commercial analysis for divisional heads
- Scrutiny and review of recharged central costs and related variance analysis prepared by group finance, on a monthly basis
- Have knowledge of major contracts and ensure that they are run in accordance with the contract and within budget
- Preparation of broadcaster cost reporting where required
- Manage, forecast and account for all secondary income streams, third party shares and royalties
- Manage and provide direction on the TV and Post Production pipelines
- Be across the financial and audit elements of all TV Production contracts
- Responsibility for ensuring the Financial Controller and divisional heads are kept appraised of all significant variances and issues
- Ability to clearly talk the CFOO and divisional heads of the business areas through the accounts and answer questions
- Liaison with the statutory auditors on an annual basis, including provision of all necessary information
- Preparation of detailed annual budgets, 3 year plans and detailed quarterly forecasting within deadlines agreed with group finance and the Financial Controller
- Manage accrued income ensuring revenue is billed promptly
- Liaise with credit control manager and PMs to ensure billings are done in a timely manager and paid promptly, assisting where required to resolve queries
- Ensure credit card reconciliations are completed
- Work closely with Financial Controller on ERP System project
- Build and maintain relationships with divisional heads
- Work closely with Financial Controller and Head of Production to establish and improve financial controls
- Revenue and cost analysis required to understand the business in more detail and make improvements, such as how to reduce costs, and improve margin and contribution
- Analysis as required for new business proposals
- Other process, workpaper and report improvements as required
What do you need?
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- High attention to detail and thoroughness of approach
- Open minded and solutions orientated
- Qualified or newly qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification (or equivalent)
- Experience in management accounts essential
- Working in a media environment would be preferred
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.