Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Company: Handle Freelance Solutions
Reports to: Payroll Manager
We look after the Freelancer on-boarding, payroll, and compliance for some of the UK's more exciting media, Entertainment, and Fashion Brands.
From TV presenters and stylists, to camera operators and DJs, we ensure that every freelancer is legally compliant, on-boarded quickly, and paid on time, every time.
We take our diversity and individuality seriously. Everyone is welcome and when we say everyone, we mean it. Our office is a wide range of ages, backgrounds, religions, educations, some early birds, some night owls, foodies, music lovers, techy geeks, film buffs, sporting heroes and everything in between
WHY WORK FOR HANDLE?
Handle offers fantastic career progression in all areas.
We will of course support you to achieve your maximum potential through a robust induction, ongoing training and all the best-in-class technical tools.
Your progression opportunities will be transparent and well mapped-out. We want to help you have an incredible career because everyone should be able to fulfil their potential.
We offer a great working environment. We have a fun, dynamic and vibrant culture where enthusiasm and innovation is at the core of everything we do.
This reflects on our day-to-day work and helps us deliver a great client and freelancer experience.
Providing full administrative & payroll support within a strict time frame to ensure the accurate and timely payment of salaries for all temporary workers over multiple payrolls and various pay frequencies and in accordance with Government legislation.
WHAT WILL YOU BRING TO THE TEAM.
The successful candidate will have 2 - 3 years experience in a similar payroll role.
We are looking for an intelligent, accurate and numerate payroll specialist to join our busy accounts office. The successful applicant will have up to date knowledge of UK Payroll and understand the demands of running a weekly payroll, be highly organised and possess a strong eye for detail with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Accurately processing their own clients payrolls on a weekly and monthly basis and providing support as required to the other payroll teams.
- Accurately checking and processing temporary workers timesheets for multiple high volume payrolls over various pay frequencies.
- Accurately checking and recording new worker details, maintaining compliance checks including passport & visa vetting requirements etc, and importing worker details into the relevant payroll system.
- Chasing all outstanding/missing timesheets with temporary workers and their consultants.
- Confident in providing advice to temporary workers on all matters of payroll related enquiries.
- Confident in calculating statutory payroll calculations.
- Processing holiday pay, performing holiday calculations and entering onto the payroll systems.
- Maintaining the leaver's process including removal from payroll system, paying accrued holiday balances and issuing of P45s after 12 weeks inactivity.
- Updating tax codes, processing starter's declaration forms, P45s etc and reporting to HMRC on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Processing of Umbrella and Ltd Company payrolls and associated invoices.
Extensive training will be given on all our payroll systems and databases
- Free membership for HIIT workouts at Rowbots gym - unwind and de-stress to your hearts content
- Handle company trip away - always a good time had by all
- Monthly company meetings to toast our successes
- Generous holiday entitlements - we want everyone to have a well-balanced work-life life
- Quarterly team social outings
- Supportive and collaborative environment where your achievements are always celebrated
- Healthshield benefit allowance - we want everyone to be 100% feeling themselves where possible
- Career framework that's transparent so you know exactly how to hit the next milestone
Diversity & Inclusion: Handle's is committed to create an environment that encourages and values diversity within its workforce and builds on the differences individuals bring, which we strongly believe will enable the Company's continued success. Should you have any specific needs or adjustments to help you at the interview process, we'd be very happy to support you, just let us know.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds - we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent for every opportunity through a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.