Full time in the office in Central London
Production Manager/Project Manager-Design Agency
A Global Design agency in Central London that work with some reputable FMCG Brands id looking for a Production Manager to join their busy team.
You will be the go-to person for production planning and expertise, striving to inspire and elevate the creative, and ultimately realising the brand intention.
What the role involves
You'll be client facing and responsible for owning the production process from start to finish.
Day to day
- Collaborate with department heads to accurately input into project scope and planning. Advise on approach, resource, timings and budget to successfully deliver a project.
- Source the appropriate third party partners for all of your client accounts when necessary. Negotiate the best deals, including usage contracts and securing timings.
- Schedule, write and manage Realisation briefs through the studio; including QA to ensure our work meets the brief, gaining client final approval and releasing files.
- Work closely with your project teams to gain a clear understanding of what we're trying to achieve and take ownership for realising the highest quality delivery.
- Provide production support and expertise for all of your accounts.
- Identify and communicate any key production considerations. Challenge barriers and find solutions, ideas and options to best achieve the design intention, whilst working within constraints.
- Build close working relationships with client's production partners, in order to gain all necessary information required to effectively complete and deliver finished design files.
- Plan, lead and capture key out-takes for production client meetings when required.
- Actively seek development of print and production knowledge. Be aware of changing trends and technologies and keep abreast of innovation, sharing with the wider team.
- Participate in final production approvals where required, ensuring clear objectives and priorities are aligned with clients and production partners
- Someone pragmatic yet imaginative, who can work both independently and in close partnership with other specialists in the global teams
- Strong experience in how the commercial, creative and functional components of the business come together to deliver the best results.
- A production expert, talented at what you do and always looking to broaden your skills and tackle any new situations that come along.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to clearly and simply translate production language and requirements to those who are not as well versed in this area.
The nitty gritty:
- 1-2 year's relative experience
- Design agency experience an advantage
- FMCG expertise essential (but not limited to), digital expertise would be an advantage
- Broad knowledge of production processes and assessing printability of creative work
- Project management skills essential - e.g. budgets, timelines, scoping, briefing, etc.
- Client / third party communication skills essential - e.g. leading meetings, written and presentation skills, etc.
- Experience mentoring or managing others would be an advantage
- Mac literate: Good understanding of Adobe Creative Suite Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds - we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent for every opportunity through a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.