Qualified Financial Accountant - Leading Media - Central London
A leading, and highly reputable Media business are looking for a Qualified Financial Accountant to join the team on a permanent basis. This Financial Accountant would be responsible for preparing accurate management accounts for the UK's central functions, responsible for annual budgeting and forecast process, assisting with the year end accounts as well as ad hoc analysis.
We are looking for a leader, someone who is ready and willing to help manage the team working very closely with senior management. Ideally the candidate would be fully qualified with 3-5 years experience working within Finance with a focus on Financial Accounting.
This role offers hybrid working with just 2-3 days per week in the offices based in Central London.
- Prepare accurate management accounts for the UK's central functions, ensuring that best practice accounting policies are followed.
- Responsibility for annual budgeting and forecasting process, including forecast revisions throughout the year
- Provide timely and accurate management support and analysis, identifying key issues including deviations from budgets and forecast revisions
- Monitor and reconcile balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns
- Assist with the statutory accounts preparation.
- Responsible for a number of European & International intercompany accounts transactions and reporting.
- Liaise with central teams on a regular basis to support them in understanding the financial performance of their department
- Work closely alongside the wider Finance team as well as other departments and global Finance teams
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of all reporting
- Provide support for annual audit process
- Responsible for managing and mentoring 1-2 junior staff members
- Provide financial and business expertise to other ad-hoc projects
- Opportunity for involvement in systems implementation and upgrades
- Ad hoc analysis for Senior Management team
- Have a minimum of 3-5 years experience working within a Finance function
- Ideally would be fully qualified with a solid pass rate
- Strong communications, influencing and interpersonal skills and a pro-active approach to challenges
- An ability to think outside the "box" and a desire to use financial skills to help develop and grow the business
- Prior experience managing junior staff members would be a bonus!
- An interest within the Creative industry
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Adaptable and can deliver information with clarify and appropriate to specific audiences
Get in touch today!
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds - we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent for every opportunity through a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.