Handle are working with an established International events business who are looking for an experienced senior operations executive, this role sits in the Central Operations team.
The role will focus on the operational delivery of conferences, exhibitions and digital events within a variety of sectors
- Manage the operational delivery of a number of small to medium sized events in the UK and worldwide from conception to completion
- Work as part of a team on the operations for larger scale events
- Manage event operations budgets, future planning & forecasting in line with budget expectations and reporting to the Event Director
- Supplier sourcing, contract negotiation and management of relationships with venues and all suppliers
- Knowledge and understanding of venue contract and terms and conditions terminology
- Liaise with the event team including production, marketing, sales, and finance to ensure maximum awareness of all event elements
- Able to think outside the box and come up with innovative ideas that make their events stand out
- Production and timely communication of correct and detailed technical information for exhibitors, including producing an exhibitor manual/zone
- Ensure delivery and fulfilment of all sponsorship and exhibitor packages as sold by the portfolios: stands, branding, branded items, features etc
- Design and manage floor plans with assistance of Manager
- Manage the whole design process for the event signage and showguide
- Manage the tender process for the design, build and delivery of features
- Methodical filing and record keeping
- Responding quickly and calmly to requests from delegates, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors pre-event and onsite. The ability to remain calm in high pressure environments is important.
- Consideration and management of health and safety issues and decisions; compiling a full and comprehensive health and safety file for the events including risk assessments and Construction Phase Plan, ensuring all documents are thoroughly checked and verified
- Work alongside the event teams to deliver virtual events, supporting with platform set up, speaker liaison, design features and live stream coordination
- Accurate and timely communication of cash flow for all operations costs, ensuring internal payment processes are followed and payments are made on time
- Post show evaluation and development
- Available to travel worldwide
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Behavior:
- Proven experience in the international conference and exhibition industry
- Prior experience in running digital events is beneficial
- Organised and methodical
- Experience of working on multiple projects at one time
- Proven experience of creating and managing small event operations budgets and delivering on target.
- Familiar with the e-Guide & g-Guide and experience of managing onsite Health & Safety
- Health & Safety Course qualification - preferably IOSH Managing Safely.
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen to embrace and learn to use new technology and IT systems
- Able to deal with a broad range of people at every level
- Self-motivated, pro-active and able to take responsibility
- Able to work within a team
- An astute negotiator
- A customer-first mind-set
- Problem solver
- Attention to detail
- Prepared to work long hours and weekends
- Ability to meet deadlines and resolve problems under pressure
- Competitive salary benchmarked against the industry
- 25 days' holiday annually + your birthday off
- Wellbeing perks such as free gym membership, cycle to work scheme, volunteer days and Employee Assistance Programme inc. 3 free counselling sessions
- Private healthcare
- Competitive pension scheme
- Training & Professional Development Opportunities
- Company off sites and Team socials.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds - we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent for every opportunity through a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.