Solarwinds Administrator (4 Month Contract Inside IR35!!!)
An international Media organisation is looking for an expert in SolarWinds/Orion development to be responsible for expansion and customisation of its IT monitoring system. This will cover the implementation of network, application, server, storage, and configuration monitoring dashboards. Integration with third party services such as ticketing systems and PagerDuty automated escalation is also required.
This role is being offered as a 4-month position paid on a market daily rate (inside ir35). This role can be fully remote inside the UK
- Help the business implement an end-to-end monitoring platform for its IT services
- Provide proactive visibility of all IT systems using SolarWinds monitoring
- Create dashboards to show different views of technology stack status
- Identify alerts based on type, severity, and impact, then assist with categorising alerts so only relevant and actionable alerts are reported in dashboards.
- Create automated escalation paths for different severity alerts
- Create service-based reporting metrics for alert activity (mean time to resolve alerts etc)
- Implement compliance-based monitoring and reporting to automatically demonstrate compliance with audit and security baselines
- Manage all add-ons and integrations
- Provide user training
- Manage and own any documentation to aid support of the monitoring platform
Competencies and Experience
- Extensive experience developing and implementing complex Orion/Solarwinds platforms
- This person will need to have core competencies in the administration, support, and operation of the Orion SolarWinds platform including Network Performance Monitor, Network Configuration Manager, Server & Application Monitor, NetFlow Traffic Analyzer and IP Address Manager.
- Network monitoring protocol experience (eg: Syslog / SNMP / Snare).
- Experience of networking, routing, firewalls, proxies and load balancing.
- Experience working with NetApp storage (cluster mode) / Cisco UCS / FlexPod beneficial.
- Familiarity with PowerShell.
- Proven ability to quickly pick up and understand complex technical issues and come up with solutions
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills, including ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to take ownership of projects / deliveries
- Ability to confidently communicate plans to various stakeholders
- Manage own time to meet agreed targets in a timely manner
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.