Financial Accountant needed for a hugely popular, global retail brand. Due to the specifics of this vacancy, my client is only looking at candidates who have experience in stock accounting, and have good knowledge of SAP.
This is a short term interim position, but it does have the possibility of being extended. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for the accounting and reporting of all business activities. This will include - weekly/quarterly reporting of the P&L, balance sheets and other financial reports.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified Accountant, to work at highly reputable business and also gain some good business partnering experience.
Key responsibilities include -
- Ensure that timely and accurate quarter-end accounting and reporting are completed
- Business partner with local finance and compliance teams to make sure the business is in compliance with US GAAP
- Continuously look for process improvements to streamline reporting
- Complete quarterly P&L variance analysis
- Support the Shared Service Centre management with ad-hoc project work
- Ensure various business reports are prepared in a timely basis with detailed commentary
Candidate requirements -
- Qualified Accountant ACA/ACCA/CIMA or qualified by experience
- Experience in stock accounting (Obsolescence, returns, etc.) is essential
- Proven experience of building relationships, both internally and externally
- Be an excellent communicator, both verbally and written
- SAP experience is essential
- Have worked in a large blue-chip corporation previously
- Strong Excel skills
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.