Financial Controller - Live Events & Music - Central London
My client, a leading Live Events and Music business are looking for their next big hire, a Qualified Financial Controller to join the team on a permanent basis. This Financial Controller position will be responsible for the financial control, planning and reporting for the group and take on a leading position for all operational and commercial matters.
This role is perfect for a qualified finance professional with a passion for all things Music and Entertainment, looking to own an integral position within a leading business.
Responsibility for the financial control and governance of the group
- Ensuring quality, relevant financial reporting to the board and the wider business
- Reporting to include focus on unit profitability
- Cash/working capital management and reporting
- Attendance and presentation at board meetings
- Drive the financial planning of the company including Group budget preparation (single and multi-year), presentation and completion, liaising with departmental personnel as necessary
- Financial risk assessment and management
- Performance against budget appraisal and reporting
- Closely supporting and working alongside Managing Director
- Commercial contract negotiations
- KPI reporting
- Financial appraisal of project opportunities and strategic considerations
- Management of year-end financial statements and tax reporting process
- Management of key relationships relevant to the financial operations of the business
- Responsibility overseeing other finance functions including management of Accounts Assistant
- Working closely and supporting the MD day to day
- Any other duties are directed by the board
- A fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA professional
- Having a background within Live Events/Music or Entertainment is preferred
- 6 years post qualified experience is highly advantageous
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- A passion for all things Music and Entertainment is a bonus!
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.