The recession may be (hopefully) behind us and there’s certainly a lot more recruitment activity around but it’s still a really competitive area – particularly in our specialist areas of media, music, film and high visibility brands. So what can you do to make yourself stand out from the crowd? Here are our top five tips:
• If you haven’t had direct experience of brands within media and entertainment you will at least need to demonstrate a real passion, interest and understanding of the marketing issues involved.
• Be aware that creativity on its own is not enough – there’s a real emphasis on insight and analysis coupled with creative flair and thinking ‘outside the box’
• There’s a big focus on communication skills – there are some big personalities in our sector!
• Most interviews will now entail some form of presentation – so be prepared to prove your worth and demonstrate that you will be a good investment.
• There are a range of competencies needed: project management, commercial awareness, and strategic vision – make sure that every relevant skill set is on your CV.
Whilst you are here, check out our latest jobs!