Accounts Receivable Assistant - FMCG - Central London
My client, a leading and fast growing FMCG business are looking to hire an Accounts Receivable Assistant on a permanent basis. This role will be responsible for identifying and process all customer deductions on payments as quickly as possible once they have obtained approval. You will be working very closely with the Lead Credit Controller and wider finance team.
This AR Assistant role does have the opportunity to progress and if you are happy to can take on duties within Credit Control once you are settled into the position. The company offers great perks, a lively working environment and currently offer hybrid working with a split from the office and home.
- Look at remittances to establish what debit notes have been deducted.
- Find these debit notes in the shared inbox (requesting copies from the customers when it is missing).
- Process low value debit notes, or forward high value debit notes to Supply Chain manager to approve.
- Ensure approval does not take too long, raising problems with Lead Credit Controller.
- Investigate a proof of delivery document if value is high.
- Look at remittances to establish if there are any price claim deductions.
- Find these debit notes in the shared inbox
- Update Price Claim Tracker Report.
- Forward Price Claim Debit Notes to relevant National Account Manager for approval.
- Ensure approval does not take too long, raising potential problems with Lead Credit Controller.
- Process all approved price claims, and ensure action plan exists for unapproved price claims
- Look at remittances to establish if there are any customer invoices.
- Find these invoices in the shared inbox
- Download and save the invoices to the relevant Customer Folder. The National Account Manager will then match the invoice to their Purchase Order on the PO Notes File.
- From the PO Notes File raise all invoices that have been approved and matched to a Purchase Order on SAP.
- Review weekly the invoices unmatched to chase the National Account Manager.
- Run weekly report to identify top priority invoices to be cleared with the Lead Credit Controller
- The ability to work in a team and individually
- Previous experience with Accounts Receivable duties
- Faster learner and can work quickly
- Good organisational skills combined with the ability to prioritise tasks
- High attention to detail
- Committed, dependable and adaptable
- Previous experience in manufacturing or FMCG advantageous
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.