ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT - CREATIVE ARTS - LONDON
Incredible opportunity with a world renowned creative arts space as Assistant Accountant, has arisen within their London offices. We are looking for a motivated and proactive individual who has a passion for the arts and a natural flare for numbers and organisation. The successful candidate will work in close proximity with the Finance Director and the gallery accountant. Training will be provided with all aspects of the role, but a good understanding of accounting and all its functions is essential. There is fantastic potential for growth within this role so above all we are looking for an ambitious and driven individual.
- Maintaining the daily cash book
- Assisting with monthly bank reconciliations
- Reviewing and posting any missing bank movements
- Reconciling the gallery's petty cash and posting expenses
- Reviewing and posting staff expenses and working with assistants to ensure expense reports are satisfactorily prepared each month
- Matching incoming AR payments to sales invoices and updating sales software
- Notifying relevant parties once AR payments are receive.
- Posting AR receipts to accounting software
- Preparing sundry invoices from order forms
- Reviewing AP payment requests and ensuring correct approval has been obtained
- Posting AP invoices and setting up the regular AP payment runs on accounting software
- Preparing payment files for uploading to the bank
- Responding to internal and external queries on AP payment statuses
- Assisting the accountant on AP statement reconciliations
- Regular contact with the other teams in the gallery to help reconcile exhibition budgets
- At least 2+ years experience in an accounting role and/or a suitable accounting/finance/business qualification
- Excellent knowledge of UK accounting and VAT principles and familiarity with accounting software
- Excellent knowledge of Google docs and Excel and the ability to work with and manipulate financial data
- Great communication skills and the ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent attention to detail
- French speaking is a bonus but not a requirement.
If you feel you meet these and you are ready to embark on this excellent opportunity, then APPLY NOW!
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds - we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent for every opportunity through a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.