Associate Director - Artist Management
Embark on a unique journey with a dynamic, award-winning artist management agency, within classical music, undergoing significant expansion. In this pivotal role, you will contribute to the global success of artists and orchestras, shaping their careers and impacting the wider arts industry.
As the Associate Director, your primary function is to discover and sign artists and orchestras. Develop and implement career strategies for both new and established artists, ensuring global success. For orchestras, build their profile to attract conductors, soloists, and orchestra musicians. Contribute to wider company strategic initiatives, identify opportunities, act as an ambassador, and mentor junior colleagues. Direct line management of Artist Managers and Assistant Artist Managers.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage a portfolio of world-class classical music artists, including strategic career planning, sales and marketing, and contract negotiation.
- Independently identify, sign, and develop a list of directly signed artists.
- Contribute to the development and growth of wider business and commercial strategies.
- Negotiate and finalise contract terms for various engagements, including concerts, recordings, and consultancy.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of existing touring clients, including orchestra tour plans and long-term strategy.
- Establish and build relationships with promoters and orchestras, contributing to the general marketing strategy.
- Advise artists and orchestras on marketing, PR, and digital strategies to complement their musical identity.
- Act as an ambassador for the company and provide mentorship to junior colleagues.
- Directly manage and mentor Artist Managers and Assistant Artist Managers.
The ideal person will have:
- Proven experience in front-line management of classical music artists.
- Entrepreneurial attitude, internationally respected, confident in presentation, and able to think outside the box.
- Deep and evolving knowledge of classical music, including repertoire and trends within the wider arts world.
- Experience in managing teams.
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail, and solid organisational skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks with multiple deadlines.
If you are looking to take on further responsibility and become a pivotal member within a passionate and hard-working team, this is the role for you! Apply now! Email email@example.com to find out more!
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds - we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent for every opportunity through a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.