Broadcast IT Engineer
We are working with a global broadcaster currently looking to add a Broadcast IT Engineer to their team. This would be a great opportunity to work for one of the leading broadcasters worldwide.
- Collaborate with the Broadcast Engineering team to understand the current technical needs and balance with future needs.
- Work closely with management to determine priorities relating to development and refinement of workflows and technologies.
- Must be able to handle high pressure multi-tasking situations.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks are a must.
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures and system documentation for all broadcast systems.
- Support other Media Engineering responsibilities and duties as assigned (i.e. support of front line duties)
- Engage and assist in all learning opportunities within the department. Continued development and constant collaboration is key to our team's success.
- Understanding of signal routing control systems to route video/audio and Video -over-IP signals.
- Compilation of Standard Operating Procedures and documentation in support of Maintenance and Operations.
- Must be able to adapt to changing priorities and meet the demands of a complex work environment.
- Knowledge of cloud-based fundamentals and current technological offerings of vendors such as Amazon AWS is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of serial digital broadcast equipment and measurement equipment.
- Preferred understanding of broadcast automation systems. Mediator and Pharos is a plus.
- Basic experience with Linux, Windows OS, VMware, AWS EC2 and Knowledge of basic network troubleshooting using ubiquitous OS tools (ex. ping, trace route, netstat).
- Working knowledge of remote support tools such as RDP, VNC, Telnet, and SSH.
- Ability to understand system drawings and signal flows. AutoCAD skills is a plus.
- Demonstrate the capability to patch around video signals and take other emergency corrective actions rapidly to maintain on-air status of television networks. Escalate to Management during high-priority incidents or during a loss of services.
If your skill set matches the requirements, please email your CV to Chris Bouroutzis on email@example.com
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.