Financial Accountant - Luxury Brands - Central London
A new Financial Accountant position has opened up with an Industry leader within the Luxury Brands sector in Central London. As Financial Accountant you will be responsible for assisting day-to-day accounting operations support for the business, along with the timely and accurate closing of the monthly results for London, Amsterdam, Dubai and regional entities.
It is an exciting time to join the business whilst they enter a phase of growth and development within the Finance team.
- To post and reconcile foreign currency treasury journals on a daily / weekly / monthly basis.
- Foreign bank account reconciliations for EUR & USD.
- To manage a portfolio of companies for daily accountancy, month end reconciliations and review / clearing balances.
- Reconciliation of various balance sheet accounts including but not limited to the FX reconciliations of the Loans and Foreign Currency Bank accounts.
- To be a point of contact for the clients on the portfolio to answer queries and ensure the entity remains compliant with regulations.
- The preparation of various intercompany current and loan accounts to include working with the associated contact to ensure that the balances are agreed between sites, invoices raised and ensuring that all relevant costs and any revaluation is recorded correctly.
- Support the month end process by assisting with journal posting, resolving queries raised by the business and by the Finance Business Partners, and ensuring the month end process runs smoothly and to deadlines.
- Ad-hoc projects.
- Ensuring compliance with IFRS and UK GAAP
- FX Analysis for Treasury
- Arrange and agree Interco Loan Interest.
- Assist in the preparation of the AA Packs.
- Preparation and review of regional office local accountants submitted packs and upload into JDE
- Preparing the statutory accounts to review stage or review those prepared by outsourced accountants.
- Communication with auditors (where applicable) for the portfolio of companies at year end.
- Supporting the team during Half Year and Full Year UK reporting requirements.
- Drafting and completion of tax pack for companies.
- Knowledge of basic accounting required, AAT level 3 and above
- Experience of managing a portfolio of companies
- Experience of statutory accounts and advantage
- Attention to detail is essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Outlook, Word, PowerPoint & Proficient in excel - JDE and Integrity knowledge is desirable
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.