We are currently seeking a part qualified (ACCA/CIMA) Financial Accountant to join a newly established gaming company based in the heart of central London.
Based within the UK finance team, the Financial Accountant will report directly to the Finance Director and will be involved in creating processes and the development of the forecasting processes.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the day-to-day responsibilities of the finance team from an accounting perspective, including invoices, journals and banking transactions;
- Working closely with the finance team to ensure a smooth period close process, including assisting with the timely and accurate completion of monthly financial information;
- Maintaining up to date balance sheet reconciliations for key accounts, ensuring reconciling items are resolved on a timely basis and adequate back up is provided for all bookings;
- Calculating accruals and prepayments, preparing schedules and supporting documentation to help validate balances for external auditors;
- Submission of tax returns;
- Identify variances between actuals, budgets and forecasts - providing insightful explanations and commentaries;
- Support the Finance Director with the interim and annual statutory audit, taking responsibility for providing information and answering auditors' queries for agreed areas;
- To assist the CFO with the Budget and Forecast preparation for the area of their responsibilities;
- Build strong relationships with other teams within Finance, including Studio teams, being a trusted point of contact for areas of responsibility including responding to ad-hoc queries and information requests;
- Providing support to other business teams and key stakeholders in the business across a wide variety of internal projects and on-going accounting & operational initiatives;
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
- Part Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACCA or equivalent);
- Confident user of accounting software with an ability to learn new systems quickly along with high Microsoft Excel knowledge;
- Audit experience (either in practice or working with Auditors to complete statutory audits);
- Strong knowledge of accounting policies;
- Experience within the gaming industry would be a preference but not essential
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.