Senior Manager FP&A - Computer Gaming
Rapidly growing start-Up Computer Gaming company are looking for a qualified ACA, CIMA, ACCA FP&A Manager. This role will report to the CFO but given the team is small, there will also be the need to jump in on any and all other finance projects alongside the existing Finance Director.
- Project Manage the financial planning cycles (Annual operating plan, forecast, pacing) to ensure finance and commercial teams are in step and deadlines are effectively managed;
- Coordination and production of the consolidated Annual Operating Plan and Quarterly Forecasts, including formulating the overall story with input from the planning team for presentation to executives;
- Support the month end close process; ensuring the accuracy of Studio P&Ls by investigating discrepant or anomalous data;
- Provide routine and ad hoc reporting to the business in a form that accurately and clearly articulates the key points and provides analysis & insight;
- Develop and interpret our financial and non-financial critical metrics and share insights for the business to grow & succeed;
- Review results and inputs for accuracy and reasonableness, feeding back adjustments and ensuring consistency across all areas;
- Manage feasible timetables with all internal finance stakeholders to ensure timely delivery and outputs;
- Establish credibility within the team by being a true business partner to our studios, fostering a culture of integrity and providing supportive challenge as well professionalising and levelling their finance capabilities;
- Examine competitors and their financial filings to improve our own reporting, metrics and planning processes, and to establish where we should be focusing our efforts when it comes to presenting the company publicly in the future;
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA), 3+ years PQE;
- Confident user of accounting software with an ability to learn new systems quickly along with high Microsoft Excel knowledge;
- Drive towards systems based solutions for forecasting and planning (experience of FP&A software Planful a bonus);
- A strong business partner with the ability to build commercial relationships across all levels of a business;
- Strong knowledge of accounting policies and how they impact commercial outcomes;
- Public company experience preferrable, or at least commercial understanding of what drives commercial value for companies looking to IPO;
- Able to manage conflicting priorities and tight deadlines to ensure key deliverables are met, meets deadlines and is reliable;
- Communicate issues succinctly and in a timely manner. Proactively manage issues before they become problems;
- Able to develop key relationships across all functions throughout the company;
- Ability to take full ownership of projects within a small team; and
- Experience in video games industry is an advantage but not mandatory; candidates without video games industry experience must be able to demonstrate their understanding of the space.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.