Senior Data Engineer - 65k - Hybrid
My client is delivering a Data Transformation programme to ensure data is at the heart of all key decisions. Their Data Engineering team are at the heart of this transformation and you will use your extensive Data Engineering skills, Google Cloud Platform experience and retail data knowledge to deliver quality data solutions to ensure business users can liberate value from data assets.
- Work as part of distributed Data Engineering team (Perm/Contract/Partner - Onshore/Offshore) to build and maintain our Enterprise Data Warehouse and Data Marts
- ETL (extract, transform, load); sourcing data from multiple systems and propagating data warehouse/marts.
- Manage, monitor, and resolve operational issues within the Data Warehouse & Data Marts.
- Manage security and information confidentiality.
- Manage, monitor, assess, and resolve data quality issues
- Peer QA and Test deliverables
- Deployment support and validations
- Work with Data Science colleagues to productionize models
- Evolve the data platform and associated data assets to liberate value from data
- Integrate new data into the data platform ensuring consistency in design standards and regulations
- Follow agreed standards and processes to ensure the value of data initiatives can be realized in a compliant and controlled manner, ensuring quality and consistency of the data we work with while protecting our customer's privacy.
- Support the Enterprise Data Governance program where required (data quality investigation/adherence to standards etc)
- Maintain the enterprise data model in line with data engineering deliverables
- Drive Data quality improvement
- Identify opportunities for increasing efficiency through automation, adoption, and learning of new tools and techniques.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, or Google ACE Certification
- 3 years cloud Data Engineering experience within Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Cloud Data Orchestration tooling i.e. Google Cloud Composer
- Experience working with Grocery Retail / Ecommerce data.
- Experience managing the promotion of data pipelines into production state (eg Gitlab)
- Evidence of driving efficiency in data organizations through effective automation strategies
- Experience working with Agile or other rapid application development methods
- Ability to self-direct and take on broad projects from beginning to end.
- Experience leading Data projects and supporting the development of junior engineers
- Knowledge of data security and privacy regulations and practices.
Preferred Experience (In addition to minimum)
- Experience working with infrastructure as code environment (eg terraform)
- Experience working as part of a distributed team, evidence of effective collaboration with on-shore and off-shore colleagues.
Primary Tech - (Essential Skills)
- Google cloud composer
- Cloud DataFlow
- Cloud Functions
- GitLab CI/CD
- Python - scripting/object-oriented programming
- Cloud DataProc
- ER Studio
This role is a Hybrid role and 2 days a week onsite is required which is located in Hatfield.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds - we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent for every opportunity through a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.