Who We Are
A multimedia digital publishing start-up that develops and curates nuanced topics ranging from fashion, beauty, entertainment, politics, social issues, innovation, entrepreneurship and arts and culture, by and for women from Africa and the African diaspora.
We are cultural change-makers, devoted to providing a platform that highlights the diversity and dynamism of Pan-African womanhood.
You and the role
You are a Social Media Manager who is looking to work with an exciting new start up. You're passionate about your work and the space we are in, you're dynamic and want to grow with a business.
The ideal candidate possesses strong social media and creative skills, to build a loyal community. You are an excellent collaborator and team player, with the ability to work independently, as well as increase the growth and visibility of the brand. You are never afraid to speak your mind, and you are interested in developing a passionate and transformative brand that is devoted to the advancement of Africa's women around the world.
What You Will Do:
- Work closely with our Marketing Director to develop social media strategies to promote editorial programmes and content.
- Work closely with our Digital Marketing Manager and Marketing & Social lead to strategically build the brand awareness of the brand.
- Initiate content and social media planning and management to build social media following as well as drive traffic to website.
- Develop a robust social media calendar and day-to-day strategy.
- Lead the execution of omni-channel social media marketing campaigns to achieve maximum ROI and business growth.
- Carry out end-to-end social media campaigns from planning, strategy, budget distribution, campaign/content setup and activation, day-to-day optimization and reporting.
- Regularly image source and curate our social media page to align with our aesthetic direction and brand identity.
- Conduct live social media coverage of our live and virtual events.
- Develop talent and influencer relationships for event activations, as well as marketing and public relations campaigns.
- Devise influencer campaign strategies.
- Regularly research and source partners/influencers, and maintain a database of online and offline contacts.
- Oversee and manage all social media contests and giveaways.
- Develop engaging social media graphics and content.
- Develop a social media community, by interacting with followers and managing our social media groups.
- Develop KPIs and monitor success.
- Highlight, report and present monthly social media performance strategies to team.
- Research and understand regional social media and digital marketing trends across key African and Afro-diasporic markets to localise campaigns to improve relevance.
- Advanced knowledge of social media marketing and shoppable posts.
- Act as an ambassador for delivering brand story, values and mission to drive brand awareness.
What You Bring:
- At least 3-4 years of professional experience in social media marketing
- Prior experience in media, publishing, digital/advertising agency or entertainment field.
- Prior experience in a Social Media Manager role.
- Strong interest, knowledge and passion for African and Afro-diasporic pop cultures as well as current cultural, political, social and creative trends and affairs across Africa and the African Diaspora.
- Ability to lead social media strategies towards growth.
- Experience with analyzing data to measure and monitor social media success.
- Strong understanding and experience with social media platforms (primarily Instagram, Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter, Tik Tok and Youtube).
- Experience with social media analytics platforms (such as Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, Sprout Social etc).
- Strong eye for high quality photography, design and aesthetics.
- Strong copywriting skills
- Possess exceptional leadership skills and the ability to work proactively and independently.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation and partnering skills.
- Strong proficiency using Adobe creative suite (indesign and photoshop)and/or Canva
- Experience using video editing software is a plus.
- Ability to lead and work in a start-up environment.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds - we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent for every opportunity through a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.