Tax - Senior Manager - Computer Gaming
Rapidly growing global computer game developer and publisher are currently seeking a Tax Senior Manager to join their team. This is a hybrid role with the office based in the Old Street / Shoreditch area.
About the role
The finance team is looking to grow and with this early mover advantage you will be able to help set things up in the best way possible, help create processes and drive the way we do things.
We need someone who has worked across a variety of practice and / or in-house tax practice areas, who will be comfortable owning and running all areas of tax in a growing company. As well as all tax compliance, it is key that the role also manages, develops and implements tax strategy for the group. This role will suit both someone from a multidisciplinary tax practice background looking to make their first move into industry who is ready to take on all areas of tax at once, or someone with experience in-house who has already done the same kind of role, looking to step up to run the function. It is likely the role will also take on responsibility for treasury as time goes on, depending on the candidate and level.
This role will report to the CFO, and will interact with the FP&A and control functions, as well as the wider Kepler team and studios, especially in being the day to day contact with the game studio finance teams. As well as the Kepler head office structure this role will liaise with the studios covering thirteen tax jurisdictions in total (so far). This will suit someone who wants to get stuck in and get involved with a company with set strategic aims in a relatively tight timeframe, do a bit of everything, but be able to ask for help or advice when needed.
- Responsible for the delivery of mixed tax portfolio covering corporate, employment, sales taxes and international taxes in order to ensure the Group's compliance with Tax reporting requirements;
- Support tax audits of entities and deal with enquiries and/or requests from HMRC and other tax authorities as necessary;
- Keep abreast of changes in tax legislation and where planning opportunities arise, participate in their analysis and implementation;
- Assist in maintaining relevant tax regulations (including transfer pricing, SAO, CIR, CBCR, Tax Strategy etc.) on an ongoing basis;
- Understand the businesses, so that future tax developments can be transitioned in a timely manner;
- Be a main point of contact and responsible for managing the relationship with Tax authorities and consultants in relation to all taxes;
- Provide support to the Group in respect of tax aspects of acquisition/disposals, restructurings or commercial arrangements;
- Build effective working relationships with other departments and functions;
- Involvement in the preparation of consolidated financial and statutory accounts for the group under IFRS and liaising with the auditors;
- Support due diligence, especially with respect to tax matters;
- Provide on-going support to the CFO and the other key stakeholders in the business across a wide variety of internal projects and on-going tax, accounting & operational initiatives; and
- Drive automation and improvement in reporting and process
- Proven experience of mixed tax compliance experience likely gained in-house or in an accounting/consulting firm;
- Audit experience (either in practice or working with Auditors to complete statutory audits), multi-national experience would be an advantage;
- Confident user of accounting software with an ability to learn new systems quickly along with high Microsoft Excel knowledge;
- Working understanding of accounting policies and IFRS and how it interacts with tax accounting;
- Experience with publicly listed companies or the IPO process is an advantage;
- Able to manage conflicting priorities and tight deadlines to ensure key deliverables are met; meets deadlines and is reliable;
- Communicate issues succinctly and in a timely manner. Proactively manage issues before they become problems, must be able to convey tax technical issues in layman's terms;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills;
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and committed to seeing tasks through to completion;
- Able to develop key relationships across all functions throughout the company;
- Ability to take full ownership of projects within a small team; and
- Experience in video games industry is an advantage but not at all mandatory; candidates without video games industry experience should be able to demonstrate their understanding of the space and their enthusiasm for creative industries
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds - we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent for every opportunity through a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.