Handle are currently working with a hugely popular media brand, who are looking for a Shared Service Centre Finance Manager on a 12 month contract. The purpose of this role will be to look after all accounting and reporting for all of their EMEA business activities. This will involve a lot of account consolidating, including co-ordination of all schedules, reconciliations and reporting packages.
Due to the specifics of this role, my client will only consider candidates who have good knowledge of both SAP and PeopleSoft. You will also need to be a proven line manager with excellent people skills.
Key responsibilities -
- Presentation of quarterly P&L, Balance Sheets and supporting packs to finance and Corporate reporting teams providing accurate commentary and follow up on variances as required
- Act as a subject matter expert to support all PeopleSoft and SAP system related issues and queries. These include oversight of FX processes, opening closing of fiscal periods, mapping maintenance and training etc.
- Partner with finance, operation leads and project teams to support and implement new initiatives as required
- Identify and drive areas of improvement within current processes with the aim of maintaining the current high standard of service provided in a more efficient manner
- Support the Corporate Tax department by preparing supporting schedules for tax calculations and any ad-hoc tax audit requirements.
- Responsible for the maintenance and communication of Global and EMEA accounting policies and procedures, being the lead for communication between EMEA and Global
- Support management and wider finance team on any ad-hoc duties and projects
- Qualified Accountant - CIMA/ACCA/ACA with strong relevant working experience
- Strong financial reporting experience from a large multi-site, multi-currency business
- Excellent knowledge of both PeopleSoft and SAP systems
- Be a proven and confident line Manager
- Understanding of US GAAP and IFRS
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment where priorities must be continually re-evaluated and adapted as possible
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.