Royalties Manager/Management Accounts - Entertainment - London
A new role has been created within a Music, Arts and Entertainment business based in Central London, this is a role split between core accounting duties and royalties. Working in a team of 15 this role reports into the Finance Business Partner and will act as integral part of the Finance function.
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate financial records for music publications in accordance with financial standards and adhere to the Group's financial policies and procedures.
- Royalty management, including maintenance of contract data, managing the bi-annual royalty distribution in line with statement deadlines, monthly accruals, and ensuring correct balance sheet accounting.
- Accounting for publication sales along with the related cost of sales and stock accounting.
- Generate and issue invoices for third-party sales.
- Working with other teams across finance to investigate any issues and ensure that we provide consistent and joined-up views.
- Supporting the production of monthly management reporting packs including commentary and analysis of performance, variances and trends.
- Support the quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting for music publications, and the production of draft quarterly board reports
- Assist in the implementation of new processes, systems and reporting techniques.
- Assist the finance team's focus on transforming and improving financial processes by putting forward recommendations on how existing processes can be improved.
- Assist in all internal and external audit activities for the department.
- Experience working within core accounting/management accounts
- Part qualified ACCA/CIMA
- Some exposure/experience within Royalties is essential
- A background within the Creative industry is highly desirable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a high volume, high pressurised environments adhering to deadlines
- Discreet office manner and ability to business partner at Exec level
- Team player, motivated and enthusiastic work approach
- Highly organised
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.