Financial Controller - Music
Rapidly growing Music and Entertainment company are looking for a high calibre Financial Controller. Reporting into the FD you will ensure the business is set up operationally to maximise economics, manage, cash and budgets.
Overall purpose of the role:
- Responsible for holding the business and individual departments to account against forecasts and budgeted financial performance.
- Overseeing the finance department in its day to day operations and shall be responsible for all financial reporting (regulatory / statutory, to shareholders and internal).
- Develop and maintain internal controls to ensure accurate invoicing to clients and timely collections.
Success in the role is:
- Executional excellence: Continuously improving processes to deliver scalable operational and financial efficiencies.
- Strong Technical Finance and Accounting: Adhere with all aspects of financial, tax and regulatory compliance
- Strong leadership: Lead, manage, mentor and motivate members of the finance team and ensure the team knows success looks like and are accountable for their execution.
- Business Partnering: work successfully with all key stakeholders, holding departments to account for their budgets and goals. Close alignment with the FP&A Manager will also be paramount.
- Manage all accounting operations including invoicing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Revenue Recognition and tax.
- Accurate and timely invoicing to clients with appropriate checks and balances to ensure zero mistakes.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly Management Accounts with commentary, balance sheet reconciliations and manage month end and year end close. Liaise with external accountants and advisors. Report to the CEO and Board.
- Ensure timely and accurate returns and compliance with all HMRC requirements including liaising with external tax advisors as necessary including R&D tax credit preparation and Options scheme compliance / admin.
- Management of the accounting policies and continued process improvement.
- Cost & cash control: weekly cashflow projections and working capital management; costs are under control with a focus on driving ROI, and ensuring cash is effectively managed. Maintain banking relationships.
- Support and educate the wider business so they have a clear understanding of the financial drivers and performance of the business.
- Responsible for the finance team performance, including goal setting, recruitment and development needs.
Ideal candidate attributes:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA)
- Minimum of 4 years post-qualified experience.
- Experience working in a Music, Media, Entertainment, Technology company would be ideal
- Proven technical knowledge, ability to drive key accounting cycles process and management experience alongside evidence of implementing business and process change.
- Track record of building and motivating a team.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Hands on self starter who is able to operate autonomously and equally is collaborative and works well across all teams.
- Motivated to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.