Head of Network Infrastructure
We are currently working with a very exciting global fintech business, currently looking for a Head of Networks. This is a great opportunity to head a growing team of network engineers.
- Design and implement network solutions to exacting standards.
- Support of network and firewall related incidents from production and corporate units.
- Deliver projects based on a combination of Kanban, Agile and Devops methodologies.
- Manage and lead a team of two network engineers.
- Systematic approach to problem solving, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Improve automation through scripts and tooling to improve quality and efficiency.
- Investigate networking alarms triggered by our platform and tools.
- Employ your coding skills to automate tasks or perform data analysis.
- Recommend products, improve processes and consult on strategy in regards to networking and security.
- Previous experience as team leader or manager.
- Strong and clear understanding for Routing and Switching: OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, MPLS VPNs, Multicast, Spanning-Tree.
- Scripting Bash and/or Python.
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP
- Firewall design / configuration / deployment. Primarily Palo Alto, Fortigate.
- Data Centre experience and hands-on with hardware: installation, patching, fibre, cat5
- Good Linux experience.
- Contact with automation tools like Puppet or Ansible
- Contact with WAN optimization products like Riverbed or Silverpeak
- Knowledge of monitoring systems (e.g. Nagios, Observium)
- Good troubleshooting skills and usage of tcpdump/wireshark.
- Experience with Agile, Agine and/or DevOps methodologies
If you feel like your skill set matches the requirements please send your CV through to Chris Bouroutzis on firstname.lastname@example.org
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.