Handle Recruitment is seeking a hands-on, highly organised Marketing & Communications Manager to lead communications and marketing work for a not-for-profit in the arts sector.
Taking responsibility for achieving box office targets for events, you will line manage the Digital Communications Officer, ensuring that all online communications and social media channels are engaging effectively.
As the Marketing & Communications Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Effective marketing and promotion of all events and programmes, locally, regionally and nationally, ensuring that external communications and content, both online and in print, are in keeping with the vision and commitments to supporters
- Managing the overall brand identity of the organisation within the marketing and promotional material produced
- Preparing marketing budgets for events and projects, sourcing cost-effective products and services, monitoring expenditure, and reporting at agreed milestones
- Meeting marketing related income targets, e.g. ticket sales, advertising and merchandising revenue related to events
- Managing a range of service partners and suppliers e.g. venue box offices and marketing departments, design agencies, printers
- Producing a range of marketing collateral and communications e.g. event flyers, news items and event programmes, overseeing the copy-writing, editing and proofing
- Capturing audience data and maintaining a comprehensive and up to date database, ensuring compliance with GDPR, and delegating to colleagues as appropriate
- Measuring the impact of the marketing and communications work, contributing to monitoring and evaluation reports and data returns as required
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrable experience of working in a marketing or communications role, preferably within an arts or education organisation and with direct events experience
- Experience of creating and implementing marketing and communications plans to attract diverse audiences
- Experience of using a CRM database
- Experience of box office or equivalent, liaising with venue box offices to maximise commercial income
- Track record of achieving sales/income targets
- Experience of managing an agency, income and expenditure budgets
- Experience of negotiating with suppliers to achieve best value, cost-effective marketing and promotions plans
- Understanding of how marketing and comms work supports the fundraising activity
Please apply for a further conversation!
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.