Live events/festivals/virtual events
An exciting new opportunity has come in to join a growing events planning and booking platform.They have curated a platform, connecting the best suppliers to the most exciting events, from dinner parties for 20, to nationwide virtual events for 2000, right up to the UK's most famous festivals.
If you are experienced in planning events, festivals, parties, event production, we have an exciting opportunity to join the public-facing events arm of the Commercial Team.
You'll manage the most high-profile event contracts from start to finish and so we're looking for someone who takes huge pleasure in seeing the culmination of their work at a successful event! You will be responsible for delivering total supplier management to clients, including curation, documentation, payments, logistics, on-site management and post-event reporting.
This role will sit within the Events Team, where you will take responsibility for executing the festival and public event contracts. Suppliers range from street food trucks and photographers to marquees and florists, so effectively cross-selling multiple verticals will be fundamental to the success of this role. Lead times can span just a few weeks up to a matter of years, so being able to expertly advise and guide event organisers throughout their journey will be vital.
The portfolio of public events has a number of high profile clients, including Hackney Moves, KISSTORY Festival and Warm Up Festival.
The ability to thrive under pressure is essential and ultimately we're looking for someone who gets a thrill out of seeing their hard work translate into happy clients who want to work with us again! You'll be given the opportunity to help define our product offering to clients, to ensure that planning a festival is an ever-improving experience with the correct combination of personal service and technical features.
This role involves regularly working on-site, often during weekends and as such, it's not a typical 9 - 5 pm. We are however very open to offering flexible working hours to reflect this.
Oh, we forgot to mention, the office is dog-friendly…
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for delivering event briefs from the point of signing a contract through to the live event and post-event reporting.
- Match each of our event briefs with the right suppliers to ensure we maximise sales on-site.
- Manage all payment processes between company, the client and our suppliers.
- Liaise with production teams to ensure seamless ground logistics at events.
- Create post-event data packs with relevant information for our clients and identify areas of improvement.
- Collaborate with the Supply Team to fulfil each public event contract across the UK.
- Maintain a high standard of suppliers at each public event to represent the brand.
- Manage expectations and work with client timelines to deliver events to the highest standard
- Hold suppliers to account, in line with company values It's professionalism and level of quality.
- Build and support time-saving processes throughout the event management journey.
- Always aim to improve our client and supplier facing experience.
- Have 2+ years of event management and production experience within the events industry.
- Love the idea of working on-site at public events - whether it's a weekend, late night or early morning!
- Are emotionally intelligent, empathetic and personable. Your ability to create and nurture relationships will define success in this role.
- Are highly organised with the ability to multitask and prioritise effectively.
Excited to be part of a team and up for the journey. Startups are hard work, but we have fun whilst we do it and enjoy celebrating the wins
- Share options and scope for this role to evolve as the company grows
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension contribution
- Significant discounts in a lot of London's best restaurants and bars
- Regular team socials and events, ranging from virtual wine & cheese tastings, to company dinner parties and heading to events like Secret Cinema
- A top of the range Macbook to work on
- You'll be part of a fun and passionate team who genuinely enjoy each other's company and enjoy grabbing a drink post-work.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds - we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent for every opportunity through a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.