Great newly created opportunity for an experienced Hardlines Product Developer to join for an initial 12 month contact with this iconic global entertainment studio. This role will be responsible for working with licensee's to help oversee and influence the development of consumer product ranges across EMEA. As the key interface between brands and partners you will art-direct and manage the design process from initial concept to final production.
- Manage the day-to-day submissions of Product Development of Hardlines categories - from concept through to final production - across Film and TV titles (live action and animated properties).
- Manage the submissions between licensees and multiple third-parties via our online product approval system, managing timelines and expectations to meet product range development schedules.
- Work closely with licensees on a daily basis to develop line plans and oversee approvals for product design, packaging and supporting retail point of sale
- Provide clear and concise art direction to licensees: from 3D sculpts to graphic application and typography, providing draw-overs and creative notes that guide our partners, following our character models and brand guidelines
- Work with and influence licensees to deliver compelling product, innovation and the highest quality across all product ranges
- Work with the design team and the EMEA Product Development Director to highlight new product trends and opportunities, develop briefs for new artwork and product design explorations
- Constantly communicate with licensees to understand and support product initiatives and consumer preferences
Skills and experience
- Product development experience within licensing and manufacturing
- Knowledge of product manufacturing processes, particularly in 3D, with a good eye for detail
- Entertainment industry experience with license-based consumer product approvals
- Strong communication skills - ability to work with and influence third parties, both internal and external
- Able to suggest and visually present commercially viable product ideas and features that elevate consumer products to a new level
- Understand seasonal and current Hardlines trends, for product and packaging, within EMEA and translate into commercially viable product ideas.
- Illustrator / Photoshop skills are essential
To be the best you can be in this role it would be fabulous if you had a keen interest in hardline product categories - toys, games, plush and packaging solutions. Excellent communication skills and the ability to juggle a heavy workload with constantly changing priorities will also stand you in good stead. ASAP start date ... please apply today!
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.