Head of Membership and Communications
Handle Recruitment are delighted to be working with an amazing and historic membership organisation and benevolent fund, who support musicians throughout their careers and into retirement, to source a Head of Membership and Communications.
As a newly created role, The Head of Membership and Communications will manage the day-to-day administration of the membership, sub-groups and all associated activities and will co-ordinate other events such as concerts etc. The postholder will also work with the CEO to devise an exciting and creative, yet appropriate strategy using a variety of platforms, to maximise the organisation's presence and appeal across the music profession and within other key stakeholder groups. The strategy will also improve the impact of the membership communications, to enable the sustainable growth of this group and ensure that the organisation continues to operate at the highest possible standard, whilst at the same time securing its position as one of the leading resources for the profession.
The postholder will be highly empathetic and compassionate towards all Members and other supporters, demonstrating a consistently high level of customer care and responsiveness coupled with patience, tact and diplomacy. They will be creative, organised and passionate about working in music and sympathy towards the profession, recognising the value of the arts as a whole.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Receive and process all membership applications, including liaison with supporting Members and preparation and distribution of application schedules for consideration by the Governors and Court of Assistants. Inform all applicants the outcome of their applications, forwarding necessary documentation as appropriate
- Ensure Members' records remain accurate and up to date at all times and that all data is retained in accordance with GDPR guidance and relevant policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain regular lines of communication with the members
- Produce literature and documentation including membership application and election packs, newsletters, membership lists and membership certificates, writing copy where necessary and liaising with designers and printers as appropriate
- Co-ordinate all Members' mailings, including those associated with the AGM, liaising with mailing houses where appropriate
- Manage and maintain online presence
- Devise, implement and manage a strategy using a variety of platforms to increase the organisation's presence across the music profession and within other key stakeholder groups
- Ensure the successful and sustainable growth and development of the membership and membership sub-groups
- Under direction from the CEO, plan, organise and attend events across the UK, organising volunteers if required
- Work with the CEO to develop relationships with associated organisations including orchestras, opera companies and choirs to promote the services provided
The ideal candidate will have:
- Significant experience of working in a complementary role within a charity or arts organisation setting
- Proven experience of devising and implementing strategies to increase communications and membership numbers using a variety of platforms
- Experience and understanding of benevolent funds and membership organisations
- Experience of dealing directly with professional musicians or a similar professional group in a customer service role
- Knowledge and application of the latest data protection regulation
- Confidence when working with senior management and Governors
- Experience of administering websites, social media activities and electronic mailings
- Ability to analyse and present statistics and produce relevant reports
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a high standard of verbal/written English and the ability to write copy, letters, reports and other documents for a diverse range of stakeholders
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Effective stakeholder management and partnership working
If your experience matches the requirements above and you're interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity, please apply now! Email email@example.com with a CV to apply!
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.