We are currently working with an international music business who are searching for a qualified Financial Controller to join them on an initial 12 month fixed term contract.
Managing a team of 2-4 Finance Project Managers and reporting into the Finance Director the core focus of your role will be leading on overall project strategy, ensuring each team member has ownership of select projects and managing resource and assigning tasks to ensure deadlines are met.
Most projects will focus on investigating and improving processes, some examples of set projects are:
- Redesign the digital advances schedule for tracking advances and Minimum Guarantees
- Improving deferred revenue reconciliation through date cleansing
- Master Use Royalties (MUR) payable - investigate and improve reconciliation process, clearing down where possible
- Update the digital transfer pricing (DTP) schedule to reconcile balances
- Build out process for Global Revenue recognition reconciliation, working with Internal Audit and external auditors
- Clearing down historical unallocated cash receipts
- Redesigning the artist advances recoupment tracker
- Streamline the royalties pipeline process
- Improvements to the balance sheet reconciliations process; including investigating and clearing legacy items
- Understanding and building out the Withholding Tax & VAT reporting process in coordination with Tax accountant
The successful applicant is going to be a qualified accountant who has demonstrable experience leading qualified finance teams on process improvement projects. Cultural fit is also a key factor, with this being a music business an interest in the sector is a must!
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.