An incredible opportunity to join a hospitality tech startup, scaling incredibly quickly this year after another round of investment.
They are keen to hire a first-class, media-savvy PR & Social Media Executive responsible for the day-to-day execution and management of organic social media content and press office activities to drive B2B and B2C engagement.
- Media Relations 50%/60%
- Social media 20%/30%
- Admin/reporting 10%
- Prioritise and answer direct media requests
- Build and nurture strong relationships with media, thought leaders and relevant influencers ensuring you're proactively managing media relations and recognising new opportunities for media engagement
- Pro-actively identify media opportunities, develop content, pitch and follow up
- Maintain an updated database of media contacts and industry influencers
- Draft PR plans/campaigns, press releases, positioning statements, Q&As and ad-hoc media briefings
- Review press clippings and compile reports
- Ensure library of PR assets is kept up-to-date (e.g. image library, spokesperson bios, etc)
- Maintain media contact database and identify influencers
- Monitor journalists' requests
- Responsible for posting organic content and engaging with stakeholders and influencers.
- Support in the planning and execution of the social media content plan.
- Management of all relevant social media channels.
- Create unique and engaging content, working alone and with in-house design support
- 3+ years of experience
- Ambitious and excited to take the next step in your career
- Media-savvy, sniffing out a good story and pitching these to your contacts comes as second nature
- Understand data in order to produce robust PR reports and to use data and insights develop PR stories and blog content.
- An outstanding understanding of the changing media landscape, and the ability to suggest and implement new techniques to engage a wider business and consumer audience
- Experience across the technology and/or hospitality sectors will be a bonus - but a keen interest in these areas is a must!
If this role excited you, please do not hesitate to apply!
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.